Some PlayStation VR games won't support DualShock 4 gamepad

I just read an article on The Verge that mentioned that Sony said that some PlayStation VR games won’t work with the DualShock 4 controller, so you’ll need to have the PlayStation Move motion controllers to play them.

I don’t understand that, why can’t developers build support for both. This is very important when the PSVR is released, because there’ll be many people without the move controllers. Developers had enough time to implement support for both gamepads and Move controllers. I just hope that only some very few games are only compatible with the Move controllers and hope that those not one of the most anticipated titles.

I don’t see why it’s different than other platforms, Some games are designed from the ground up for room-scale experience using motion controllers, others do not. Most of the game will support the DualShock 4 gamepad, so no need to worry.

Trust me, you are going to have such a large selection of games (more than 50 at launch) that I don’t see this becoming any problem, unless you want to buy the whole 50 games and mind not playing a few :slight_smile:

I think that you are confused or maybe it’s just me, because I’ve read on eurogamer.net that all PlayStation VR titles will support the DS4 controllers.

I think this caused a confusion (“You’ll Need These” - refers to the Headset, camera and move controllers)

PlayStation VR Worlds game cover

I think it’s better to read this post on psu.com.

Here’s an updated quote from Sony that was mentioned on theverge.com:

“Nearly all PlayStation VR titles will support DualShock 4 controllers, and several games will deliver an enhanced experience that further immerses gamers with the use of peripherals such as Move or the recently announced Aim controller. There will be a limited number of titles that require Move controllers.”

So I think that we’ve got an answer for this question. Some games will required Move controllers.

Most PSVR game will work wit ha regular DualShock 4 controller. When and if I am convinced to buy the PS VR, I plan to buy only the headset first and then decide whether to invest in new PlayStation Move controllers.