Should I upgrade to Meta Quest Pro (Quest 3)?

I know we only have some rough estimation of what the Meta Quest Pro/Quest 3 would be like. I think that this upgrade won’t be such a huge deal unless someone is into mixed reality. I think devs will still develop on both platforms. The headset will be expensive compared to the Quest 2 from what I’ve heard. This means that fewer people will buy it, so devs will develop to both increase revenue and reach.

Other than that, I really don’t see anything that is a big jump over the Quest 2 and I don’t think I’ll upgrade if the specs are as rumored.

Anyone thinks the same?

Too early to tell as we don’t have the full specs. I believe those specs mentioned on many tech websites might be quite accurate. For the sake of argument, let’s say these are the specs, whether you would upgrade or not.

The other thing is that we don’t know anything about the software. This is super important. How does the hand-tracing work on the new Quest Pro, how good is the depth scanning, and how good is the color passthrough feed from the cameras? I mean, I really want to have a high-quality mixed reality experience, but I wouldn’t accept a resolution the same as the B&W passthrough of the Quest 2.

The other thing is regarding ergonomics, which is also important to me and you haven’t mentioned that. If the Meta Quest Pro/Quest 3 headset will be lighter, more comfortable and I have more control over the adjustment of the lenses, that means the world to me.

I found the Oculus Quest 2 to be chunky, relatively heavy and uncomfortable to wear for a long period of time. Even if other things are not improved, I wouldn’t mind upgrading to have a lighter more comfortable Quest Pro headset, but of course I want more improvement…

We already know about it based on the project cambria features

The Oculus Quest 2 sports Qualcomm’s Snapdragon XR 2 platform, offering the impressive standalone performance we’re all familiar with. Another prediction from analyst Bradley Lynch suggests that the Quest 4 will feature a new display technology called ‘uOLED’, which is said to be far superior to current LCD displays found in Quest 2. This means that users can expect a brighter, sharper image quality, along with deeper, richer colors.

1 Like

Hi, I guess you meant Meta Quest 3, not 4. I am interested in having a brighter display to improve realism and have a wider field of view. Regarding performance, I play also on PC so it’s not a biggy. I just don’t want to fill that I am scuba diving in VR all the time do to the limited field of view.