Ragnarok VR, a Ragnarok Online (RO) remake for VR

David Tai is remaking Ragnarok Online (RO) for virtual reality. Ragnarok Online is a very popular Korean massive multiplayer online role-playing game created by Gravity Co. Ltd and release in August 2002. According to the website playragnarok.com, 40 million players played the game. The classic game is still available via the Loki new Ragnarok Online classic server

The game is developed as a room-scale VR game for HTC Vive (at the moment). If we judge by the number of views on YouTube that his RagnaroKVR ver 1.8.9 video got, around 354K, it seems that there is a huge interest in the project, and the video was upload only a week ago, on June 21, 2016.

David Tai also turned to the public to help support the project. You can support the project by feeling this Google form here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JfOwfLxHCXY

It might take some time until the game is released. Tai calls it “a small fun project from RO-lover”, but I think that this project is going to skyrocket as more people show their interest and support it. You can follow the project on his YouTube channel here.

I’ll update you when I have more information.

2 Likes

Will it be released in English version as well?