Promocodes for one of the first Daydream games out there!

Hi all, we just updated Tropical Dream VR in order to fully support Google Daydream! Here is the Google Playstore URL: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ninjavr.tropicaldream

If you have a Daydream device please let me know something more about you experience with Tropical Dream VR. We need your feedback in order to improve it!
Here it is a list of free promo activation codes you can use to get the app for free :slight_smile:
(if a code does not work, it means somebody else already used it. Just try another one)

EFU01RJXTGUNL7HKFL5NT82
USR5FD8TGPAV44HW7ZCHKK8
MV7FZR42S0R757NJQR4AHD5
Y718D9E7CXT3ZCYYWFL9T70
C5YET90R56RNS1DY6DAE6VK
BA1N1DAS251WFATK3FKH83C
WB61NGCYJ5S9D1XBQEK8FUN
R1GH6YADHN1JC030Y1M54XJ
T9Y2FH39FKCGNKLKFE3TXJJ
5N09PD0EZDFR820LTSQ1TLK
L0AL0WQQ0LZLC1JGJTMUH3E
MQ3Y9WLV7CM4WU8TYAEBZ67
FX1YV4NFHPR5AX6M8Q81XR0
W1EKLJ0371R9Y84MZ8JLUV0
N39GCQ4HNSAJSV0A4D4RVVG
8BT5STFX90AQPEKHGK72GP7
WAXLCL85TNXP0BDVX9C7EKK
T7QAF233FSMDH1QDJ613JH4
2YFH6EDT5W1Q27Q8WBU2ND8
E8D7D278U6PVLFGWXGXTSPH
UC7SUAKRZBV7KAH21L4YW97
WNQQDY6YPUPCVR23UY40ADQ
510390LJGF3C1WBZCKTWGSM
N1H4LN8Y786YPE1ZD0KGGWF
EAVMF18B8WSE4MW8X5P1E4W
DB2JT9XF6P05BT2U24116MW
FHP5T1TS1030Q7ZE4P9WHRD
VWF65J0J06HKP84GXG6JS2M
XWUMUFTCYUSCS76T3T1KVF7
14FW8GBV6DULB6K6J6TCD98

Thank you for you help

8 Likes

@S3rgio thanks so much. I don’t have a Daydream device but I know friends who have. Thanks so much for sharing :slight_smile: :slight_smile: !!

Will it work with cardboard compatible headset as well, or is it just for Daydream?

If it does work with the cardboard, What’s the difference between the two?

Thanks for sharing the codes. I’ll spread the word so more people here will download and test it.

Thanks for sharing. I do have a question. What makes this game Daydream ready? does it work with the controller, does it appear in the Daydream game category? I"m asking because I’ve read that it supports cardboard, does it mean that all cardboard are Google Dream compatible by default, I’m quite confused about that, that’s why I’m asking.

1 Like

Good question @Agoston. I think that all Daydream apps will be compatible with Cardboard. According to this page on developers.google.com, developers can debug their Daydream applications using a compatible Cardboard viewer. The Daydream View wasn’t announced at that time, so developers had to debug their apps somehow, so Google there say that one of the prerequisites is viewer that is compatible with Cardboard.

Of course a game or experience developed for Daydream will take better advantage of the device performance and the controller. This is why some companies exhibit their Daydream games in the Google event, some of them are Daydream-exclusives.

An important question that you might ask is whether the headset will work on a non Daydream-ready mobile device or not.

Also want to thank the OP for sharing the keys for the experience.

Hi, thank you for your interest!
I see everybody is confused about the “Daydream ready” hype. Let’s say it all depends by the way the developers implemented it. In order to really be Daydream Ready, the game has to implement the Daydream drivers. And they are available just on a couple of devices out there. On all the other devices, the developer has 2 options: not support them (so on these devices the game does not work) or fall back to the legacy Cardboard drivers. That is what is happening on Tropical dream. You can use on any device. Older devices will not get the extra boost of a Daydream platform, because the game engine will silently fallback to the legacy cardboard SDK.
The controller is optional, at the moment the game logic does not need it, in the future we will take care of it in Tropical Dream.

Please note that games built for Google cardboard will work on a Daydream device too; so some game developer is cheating, pretending their games are Daydream ready, but in reality they are just old games :slight_smile: Hopefully later this month google will create a section in the store dedicated to real Daydream games to solve this issue…

2 Likes

Thanks for clarifying it. I think it’s important that Google to create a specific category for Daydream, because people expect high-quality experiences that were built with Daydream performance and (optional) controller in mind. I’m sure many developers just include the library so the device identifies it as Daydream ready.

I think that the success of Daydream as a VR platfrom depends on the quality of the games and experiences.

OK, so your experience is designed to take advantage of the processing power of Daydream devices, like better graphics or it’s the same on both Cardboard and Daydream? What’s the benefits of playing your game on Daydream compared to Google Cardboard?

Thanks.

Seriously, thanks so much!

Thanks sergio, I’ll try it and give you feedback.

Hi, it is too early and we need more time to better understand the Daydream platform. At the moment, I noticed that as a developer I am in control of the battery usage during the VR experience. I can set a low energy mode, perfect for long lasting experiences (but with lower graphic quality) or a sort of hi performance mode, when it is need. The SDK is quite new and I expect more improvements soon, but anyway the framerate and the responsiveness are already better if I switch from cardboard to daydream mode.

1 Like

@S3rgio so what you are saying is that on Daydream I’ll have better image quality? Do I need to explicitly choose the mode based on the headset that I use? :hushed: I am confused… can you please clarify because I plan to buy the View headset, cardboard user at the moment. Thank you.

I am planning to buy a Daydream compatible phone probably by next week, although I don’t know which other devices other than the Pixel supports it. I’ve heard that some people already got View headset but can’t play it because there is a software missing on the phone, which suppose to be released pretty soon (probably before November 10th). Finally HQ mobile VR for a non-Samsung Galaxy phone!

The developer mentioned in the official game page on Google Play, I quote: “Daydream SDK! Daydream devices are automatically detected and their full power is used”.

I think all was used, my friend couldn’t use one :frowning:

Maybe better frame-rates but it doesn’t explicitly say better graphics.

Try with one of these, they are brand new, be quick :slight_smile:

KT61AEGK37FM71L41NZNLUF
ZEAD3B4EYC7VJA1QVBPZAHM
ES9NU8F80MKXVJN3GEGT32P
QB6FYA1C32EQSS06YGKYRNE
GFSVBBD22WHC1ZE4JQ84FCZ
AV5V6RRV2G051FU52NF2ZMK
W4SXGAGV1NVBCN2YN39U1TD
BLB0E05VUNQAF1DTCD82A47
YKQMJ60JQCX6RNVNPYDHWJ6
LMB3UY0H42H3EGY8KC6UV3U

1 Like

seriously, thanks so much @S3rgio, the most generous develop on Earth !

I have a few friends that I told them about the experience, but the codes didn’t work for them, thanks so much (hopefully they are still active :slight_smile: )

Can you please tell me what’s the benefits of the Daydream version?

Awesome game, can you give us two more codes for my cheap cousins.

Where this came from, I am always late for the party :frowning: