Plantronics RIG 4VR - a PlayStation VR gaming headset for PS4

Plantronics will soon be releasing the RIG 4VR, a gaming headset designed for the PlayStation VR and PS4. It’s the first time I’ve heard about a headset dedicated for a headset, particularly for PSVR. The headset can be connected to both the PS4 and the DualShock 4 wireless controller and will be released at the same time PlayStation VR is released, on October 13th, 2016.

The RIG 4VR does look big and robust, but it was designed to be very comfortable, lightweight and has vented earcup designed, allowing you to hear a bit of the sound around you. This was done to allow people to be able to hear people around them talking, but also to provide better heat dissipation. The headset also comes with a built-in microphone for voice chat when playing multiplayer games, to be used with voice commands, or chatting with other PS4 players in parties. The mic also has noise-cancellation technology, so people on the other side can hear you loud and clear.

The headset is also compatible with mobile phones, PC and Mac, so if you but it, you can use it with several devices, not just the PS4.

Some of its features include a flexible frame for lasting comfort and dynamic 40mm driver for better pass response.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4n5aSzSCb0g

To be honest, I don’t know how it is really that different from other headsets. I don’t see myself changing my Turtle Beach P12 headset, which is a superb headset and served me well for many years. Never felt that I had to switch to a better one.

According to the video by BooredGamer, the price is $69; not cheap, but not too expensive either.