Oculus Touch 30 hours battery life with single standard AA battery

The Oculus Touch controllers’ battery life has considerably improved over the prototype version. You can use it up to 30 hours of gameplay on a single AA battery without haptics, and up to 20 hours with haptic feedback. I first was disappointed that the Oculus Touch doesn’t support Li-Ion batteries, but after reading about the battery life when the device running on AA batteries, I am more relaxed.

I know it was a hard decision from Oculus side to release the controllers after the Rift launch, but I’m sure that this time was well spent to improve the controller even further. I have no doubt in my mind that it will be an amazing controller, not less and even better than the HTC Vive ones.

1 Like

Yep, Oculus Touch is ready for prime time. Now it’s all about the experiences and games for the Touch, but after seeing the upcoming games with Oculus Touch support in OC3, I have no doubt in my mind that Oculus will flourish in 2017. HTC Vive already established itself as the strongest room-scale VR platform and I think that it will take some time for Oculus to catch up, but with good titles on the way, this will encourage more developers to patch their to support the new controller and developer more games forit.

It was worth waiting!