Not that impressed with PS4 Pro, are you?

To be honest guys, I watched some graphics comparisons between the PS4 and the PS4 Pro, and I wasn’t impressed with it. It’s just better textures from what I could see. Even with better frame rates in VR, I don’t see it as a good investment, the difference doesn’t justify selling my PS4 and buying this new Pro version one.

What do you guys think?

Yes, I’ve seen these videos. First, don’t put your expectations so high, it’s not the PlayStation 5 console after all. There is a difference in the texture fidelity and lighting, and you can clearly see a more detailed scene. The question that you probably want to ask is whether this translates to a better gameplay experience, especially in VR? I don’t know how to answer that because I don’t have the PS4 Pro. Someone needs to try both side by side and see if he feels that it makes any difference.

Because all PS4 Pro patched games work for the PS4 as well, I see not reason to buy one. I think that is even a burdon for developers to update their games to release a version that can benefit from the PS4 Pro processing power. Vr games developed for the PS4 Pro will play equally well on the PS4, you might see an increase in frame rate and graphics, but I can’t see that being translated to a significantly better gameplay experience, I just don’t.

I’ve seen the graphics comparison, I wasn’t impressed at all. Even if I had the money, I would spend it elsewhere.

If I need to 4K, I would buy one, other than that it’s not worth it in my opinion.