NEX Warrior project - future of VR gaming

Right now we all are amazed by VR technology, allowing us to explore new worlds and immerse in another reality.
But all the tech behind it is only visual immersion, few companies are developing rotating chairs and infinite treadmills for gaming - and that is not enough to get fully realistic experience.

In different amusement parks one can find so-called “VR-attractions”, commonly consisting of a 2-DOF (degrees of freedom) platforms and VR headsets. These attractions are too bulky for home use and games are really dull - shooters, racers and space fights.

Once we tried to imagine how a perfect gaming gear for home use must look like - and we created a project of a modular platform for VR gaming. As we worked on this project - partners with BCI (brain-computer interface) appeared and suggested using a BCI for VR environment control. With it we could measure player’s agitation or mind-focused state and change VR world behavior. E.g. if player is too nervous - all the world responds with inappropriate reactions, so aiming becomes difficult and all the movements - clumsy. And if player gets focused on the gameplay - the world responds with more accurate moves and shots. That also can be used for building training simulators.

And the next things we thought about were networked games and giving any game developer all the needed tools for creating games for our gaming gear - and certainly we`ll need a marketplace for all the stuff.

That brought us to idea of a full-scale project around VR gaming - the NEX Warrior, ecosystem for future of VR gaming.
You can find all the details on out website - http://www.nexwarrior.com and ask any questions in Slack - “nexwarrior” or Telegram - http://t.me/joinchat/DNK-nQ1uv-NQeH1T89bWTA

We believe in future of VR entertainment with full immersion, dynamic movements feedback and BCI controls for total engagement - join us and be the first to try out newest gaming tech!

4 Likes

Is this just the platform. I mean, you are building this chair thing and developers can develop games for it?

Yes, you`ve got the point. All SDKs & drivers will be provided free-to-use for any devs, so we want the users to have opportunity to build their own platform with number of modules and play games at their choice.

1 Like

Is there any video that demonstrate a game that plays on that platform? I’m very curious to see it in action. Thanks.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPQ3EzUJ5-C-OrDn3iaEatQ - here are some vids, more will be added soon

1 Like

Love the idea. I see myself sitting comfortably on that gaming chair and having fun playing a mech VR shooter. Obviously I don’t see developers making multiplayer games exclusively for that, because the platform should be very pouplar, but single-player games of course.

What makes this hardware so unique compared to just playing with a controller other than the ability to rotate the base for a more immersive gameplay experience?

First unique feature is modular design - so anyone can afford building a platform for himself step-by-step.
Second is BCI - imagine games where you`ve been “wounded”, that makes you a bit nervous and the game immediately reacts - according to your state of mind.
And third is that we really want to make NEX VR playable through Internet, no matter where the player is - in gaming club in Singapore or at home in Moscow :slight_smile:

1 Like

You should definitely consider teaming up with a leading VR game developer. I mean, for example, if Eve Valkyrie supports this platform, I’m sure many people would look into buying it.

Yeah, sure we’ll go that way - may be a special mod for EV can be released - after building production-ready platform we`ll show it with all the drivers & SDKs developed to major VR developers. Wider the market - more chances for everyone.

1 Like

Any word about estimated pricing or is it too early for that?

Full set of modules - appr.5 000 USD, ~900-1200 $ per module, that`s for consumer-grade platform, “club” version will be more pricey.

Another question if I may. Is there a software/driver to support for controls mapping, so instead of waiting for my favorite game to support the controls, I can just map it to your platform controls/modules instead?

We are thinking about such mapping software, but that can be released not earlier than 2018 :frowning: Look at the roadmap - we`ll release beta SDKs and all the drivers simultaneously

1 Like

The price is out of my reach, but it looks really promising.

To beat the price - purchase tokens, they`ll grow and what is pricey in dollars will be affordable in tokens :slight_smile: