Losing Weight by Just Playing VR Games

A few weeks ago I wanted to start losing weight. Nothing got me motivated—until my Oculus Quest 2 VR headset arrived.

The moment I started playing VR games, I saw the amazing potential of losing weight while enjoying the things I enjoy doing most, and this is playing videogames.

I actually created a blog specifically for that called My VR Diet.

In this blog, I share the process of me trying to lose weight by playing VR games using different VR games and fitness apps. In fact, most of the apps weren’t designed as fitness app in the first place. They are just cool games that I enjoy playing. However, they provide you with some great workout while doing so.

Of course things need to go with a proper healthy diet. You can just play VR games and eat fatty food and put tons of sugar in your body and hope to lose weight.

Now in COVID-19, I stay more at home and things just start getting worse.

I now train at least 1 time a day for 45 minutes. I play games that I love and share the list of games that I am using on My VR Diet blog.

If you are searching for a fun way to lose weight and get into shape, I think that having a VR headset is one of the best ways to do it and have fun if you enjoy playing videogames.

There are plenty of VR games and I would go with the one that requires standing and some movement. For example, Beat Saber is amazing, GORN also will provide you with an intense workout, and The Thrill Of The Fight VR boxing games is one of the best out there when it comes to intensive workout.

The most important thing is to always be motivated but not force yourself into doing a workout. You want to do things you enjoy and lose weight while doing so. The same goes for food. I make healthy food but one that I enjoy eating, rather than starting myself or make food that I don’t like.

It’s creating a different lifestyle. It worked and I was able to start losing weight relatively fast. I will continue doing what I love, playing VR games, and enjoy a healthier life while doing so.

You can check out my blog for more information. Good luck!