List of The Best Oculus Quest 2 VR Games to Play in 2021

I’ve been playing many VR games on my Oculus Quest 2 VR headset. Some of them I like and some I liked less or disliked. I want to share what are in my opinion, are the best games to play right now in 2021 for the Quest 2 VR headsets. This can also be games that can be played via the Oculus VR Link cable as well.

Half-Life: Alyx

Half-Life: Alyx is by many VR players, the best VR game out there. You can play Half-Life: Alyx using SteamVR. You need however to buy it via Steam and use your Oculus VR Link cable to play it on your Oculus Quest 2 had. It features slick and tight controls, immersive, detailed, and photorealistic environments, addicting gunplay, and a comfortable gameplay experience. A must-have VR game for Oculus Quest 2 owners!

Beat Saber

Beat Saber still remains one of the best VR games for the Quest 1 and Oculus Quest 2. Unlike Half-Life: Alyx, you can install it directly through the Quest store in your headset and play it untethered (without a cable). It’s a rhythmic VR game where you need to use lightsaber swords to hitboxes at the right time. It acts as a fantastic workout game if you want to burn calories while playing a fun game. It features great tracks with more being introduced in DLCs. You play it in a standing position—it’s fun, addicting, mood-lifting, and great for all ages. A must-have game for Quest 2!

Rec Room

Rec Room is in my opinion, The Best social VR app for the Oculus Quest. Rec Room is a place for you and your friends to build and play games together. You can Party up with Rec Roomers from all around the world to chat, hang out, explore millions of player-created rooms, or build something new and amazing to share with us all. Rec Room is free, and cross plays on everything from phones to VR headsets. It’s the social app you play like a video game.

Rec Room was one of my first social experiences in virtual reality using my Quest 2. I was blown away by how entertaining it was. It’s actually the first place where I played a MP game where people weren’t toxic :rofl: . It feels safer for kids let’s say it like that.

Pistol Whip

Pistol Whip is a VR action-rhythm FPS. Journey through a cinematic bullet hell powered by a breakneck soundtrack to become the ultimate action hero legend. If you enjoy playing Beat Saber and love first-person shooting experience and rhythm games, you’ll love Pistol Whip.

Every scene is crafted to perfection. Som referred to it as “John Wick simulator” because you feel like you are in a trailer of John Wick movie.

Population One

A popular Battle Royale VR game for Oculus Quest. Many players say it’s The Best Battle Royale game for the Oculus Quest and Quest 2 VR headsets. A fantastic multiplayer game that takes place on a large map that shrinks as the game progresses. One of the better VR shooters out there for the Quest. I think it’s well worth its $30 price tag (as of the time of writing).

If you love games like Fortnite, Call Of Duty Warzone, Hyper Scape, or PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds—you must try this VR BR game out for the Quest.

Eleven Table Tennis

A Table Tennis VR game for the Quest. Not just another VR ping pong game–but The Best one available in VR across any headset. I play it regularly. You can play against the computer (AI) or against other players from all around the world. There is a ranked game mode.

This VR ping pong Virtual Reality game took 5 years to develop, and the physics were nailed down almost to perfection. You hold the racket and it really feels like you are playing a real table tennis game. It has a beautiful relaxing environment and can make you become a better player. You don’t need to have space for a real ping pong table nor run after balls—Highly Recommended!

Gangsta Underground: The Poker

A free to play poker VR card game. Although as of the time of writing there isn’t multiplayer support, you’ll be amazed at the realistic and atmospheric visuals of this game. And not just that, whoever wins, gets to shoot his opponent with a pistol — super cool idea!

It’s one of the most immersive card games I’ve played on the Oculus Quest 2 by far and I do hope that it will get multiplayer as this has the potential to become the best poker VR game. Keep in mind that this is a PCVR game, so you’ll need your VR Link cable to play it via SteamVR on your Quest headset but again, it’s free and it’s well with it.

Racket: Nx

Racket: Nx has a warm place in my heart. It’s a combination of racquetball + pinball style game that I use regularly as part of my daily fitness workout. It’s fun, super polished, has great tron art style visuals with great visual effects and gameplay optimized perfectly for standing VR gameplay experience.

There is are challenging campaign levels and cool arcade modes to keep you entertained for a long time. I personally stuck at one of the campaigns and still trying to finish that round every day without success.

I will update this list with more amazing VR games that you must play in 2021 – stay tuned and add your own favorites.

Cheers.

1 Like

Let’s not forget Super Hot, one of the best VR games across all platforms. An ingenious idea, where things move only when you move. Sounds easy, but it’s not. It’s a challenging game. Very comfortable VR experience for those who don’t like too many things going on the screen and want a more comfortable gameplay experience.

hehe…

Virtual Reality Liverpool GIF by VR Here

1 Like