Halo Devs working on an Oculus Rift exclusive AAA game

I’ve just read an article on uploadvr that some former Halo devs are working on an exclusive triple-A videogame for the Oculus Rift, yep, an exclusive title.

I know that many HTC Vive and Oculus Rift players don’t like exclusives, but we all know that both Vive and Rift are competitors and one very effective way to convince players to buy one headset and not the other, is with exclusive games. It’s the same with consoles and it works the same with headsets. The reason why many gamers buy XBOX is because of Halo, so just imagine what will happen when a (maybe) Halo-like game comes to the Rift, many of them who planned to buy a VR headset, will most definitely buy the Rift and not the Vive.

1 Like

Yes, let the VR war begin. I am very excited every time I hear about a new aaa title. I think that VR deserves better games, just look at the computing power available for the Vive and Rift, and when you look at all the games, seems like a big waste. Hopefully, it will be a game that will use the hardware to its maximum capacity, then we are going to see something beautiful.

If it’s the same one reported on vrfocus, it’s a top-down action shooter similar to Halo: Spartan Assualt. If this is the case, I would be very disappointed, I hoped for a first-person game, not a third-person top-down shooter.