Best CCG Virtual Reality game for Oculus Quest to play in 2021

Today I played Cards & Tankards on my Oculus Quest 2 and I was blown away by how good this game is. It’s one of those gems in the SideQuest app that you can easily miss.

Cards & Tankards is a CCG game quite similar to Hearthstone in a way. However, one of its main selling point (game is free though) is seeing your cards realized as beautiful animated 3D models (or visual effects) on a table in Virtual Reality.

The game is still in early access but already feels great. When you log into the game you’ll find other real players playing the game around you with voice active by default for you and them. You’ll be able to interact with them and start a tutorial on the table to learn the core basics of this CCG game and how to play it. If you have a problem understanding anything, just ask the players there and they will help you out.

This is a perfect example how a certain game genre can be enhanced using virtual reality (VR) technology to increase immersion, fun and the overall gameplay experience.

The tavern itself is a cozy and fun place to be around while playing a card game. So head on to SideQuest and download this game now. I’m sure you won’t be disappointed.